I have a Master’s degree in Counselling Psychology and a
Masters degree in Social Psychology, both from University of Alberta. In addition, I have taken specialized training in
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing,
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- CBT for Insomnia (CBT-I)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for couples and individuals
- Self Management of Chronic Pain group therapy
- Perinatal Mood and Affective Disorders
- Anger Management
Philosophy: I consider it a privilege to work with individuals and couples willing to be open enough and vulnerable enough to share their inner worlds with me, and to try new things even when it may feel uncomfortable or scary. I love to see the sense of purpose, contentment, clarity, satisfaction, and hope that clients achieve through their psychotherapy experiences. I welcome clients of any race, faith, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, background, and ability.
Treatment Specialties: I would describe my counselling approach as empathic,strengths-based, active, collaborative, and evidence-based. This means that I focus on understanding what’s important to you, where you feel stuck, what you have tried, and what has and hasn’t been helpful. I will then use that information, along with my knowledge and experience of what works, to guide what strategies we try but will also regularly seek your input and feedback to make therapy as effective as possible for you. I see you as the expert on your own life, and me as a supportive coach who offers new perspectives or strategies to help you move forward. I work with adults and couples experiencing a broad range of issues, including:
- Anxiety, panic attacks, work and/or personal stress, self-criticism and procrastination
- Trauma and PTSD
- Relationship issues such as difficulties with communication, conflict, trust and connection
- Chronic pain
- Depression, grief, and loss
- Perinatal struggles such as adjustment difficulties, postpartum anxiety and depression
- Feeling stuck or lacking a sense of direction or purpose
- Challenges with making a change, whether it’s reducing smoking or drinking, increasing physical activity or other healthy behaviours, spending more time with loved ones, or doing more self-care.
If you’re wondering if I would be a good fit for you and your needs, or just have a few questions before you’re ready to book an appointment, please feel free to contact the clinic to book a free 10-minute consultation with me.
Personal Interests: I love running, hiking and camping in the mountains, Zumba classes, Fringe plays, live music, watching Oilers games and tennis, and spending time with family and friends.